One of the hardest things to do is to leave the one you love in another person’s care. Like many, to be a stay-at-home mom or even the sole caregiver to an elderly parent is just not feasible. It is a big decision to introduce a new person into your life, but more importantly the right person. This month we are sharing tips to consider when hiring a nanny or caregiver.
- Let the people in your circle know you are looking. Getting a great recommendation from someone you actually know is a great start in the search. Talking to someone that has already experienced working with a potential candidate is a gold mine!
- Do your do diligence and take time to really search for the right person. Set up a trial one if that is possible. Being around to watch for the first couple of days can help you gauge the person level of patience and even reliability.
- Trust the professionals. There are great services out there that have strict screening processes that include a background check.
- Include the one being cared for in the interview process. They are the ones ultimately that need to be comfortable with your choice. Give them time to interact with a potential candidate, it is a vital piece in picking the right person.
- Don’t ignore your gut. If you have even the slightest hesitation about a candidate, then that person is not right for you.
OC Home & Family cares about your loved ones and does a mandatory background check. We provide families with the peace of mind. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.